- Why soy wax? Our candles are made from 100% soy wax. Derived from soybeans, soy was is an environmentally friendy wax made from a renewable source. Additionally, soy wax burns slower than paraffin wax which creates longer lasting candles that emit less soot and is a great carrier of scent without the need for chemical additives.
- What is a phthalate-free fragrance? Phthalate is a chemical often found in fragrances, household, and personal care products that have been linked to harmful health effects. We source only phthalate-free fragrances so you can take comfort in knowing our candles are safe and free of harmful chemicals.
Why is there still wax in the vessel, but the candle stopped burning? Our vessels are crafted from repurposed wine and spirit bottles. We retain the natural features of our bottles. Wine bottles in particular, have concave shape at the bottom of the bottle, known as a punt. For safe burning, wicks are placed at the top center of the punt. Once the wick is burned down, the candle will no longer light, even if wax remains. Per the burning instructions, stop use of candles when only 1/4" of wax remains. If wick is off-center for any reason, stop use immediately.
Why do my same size candles have different levels of wax? Our vessels are crafted from repurposed wine and spirit bottles. We retain the natural features of our bottles. Depending on the unique shape of the bottle, will depend on how the wax fills in the vessel. The ounces listed for each size are approximations of the amount of wax that has been used to fill the vessel. Our sizes are as follows:
- Small 12 oz. of scented wax
- Large 18 oz. of scented wax
- Magnum 46 oz. of scented wax
- Can I create a custom vibe? Yes, we do offer custom vibes. Please contact us (link form) and a member of our concierge team will be in touch to schedule a consultation. Please know there is a $500 minimum order required for custom vibe orders.
- Can I request a specific brand or bottle as a vessel? We locally source an assortment of bottles. Please visit our custom candle page (link to page) to view all available vessels for customization. If the vessel you seek is not available, please contact us (link to page) and we'll be happy to see how we can help.
- Non-Affiliation Disclaimer: Trademark holders of specific wine and spirit brands do not sponsor or endorse mo.lit LLC or any of its products or comments. We declare no affiliation, sponsorship, nor any partnerships with any registered trademarks. mo.lit LLC stands independently as a retailer.
- Do I qualify for free shipping? We offer free, standard, ground shipping on all single-location orders of $100 or more before taxes. We do not ship internationally at this time. Free shipping does not apply to team orders being delivered to various locations.
- How long until I receive my candle? All of our products are handmade to order, special for you! Candles in our Curated Collection are ready to ship within 1 business day from order date. Custom candles are produced within 3-7 business days from order date. Your package will arrive via ground shipping in up to 5-7 business days after production is complete. Please contact us (link page) for any special shipping requests.
Can I return my candle or request a refund? We want to provide you with the best experience possible, so we take customer satisfaction very seriously. Our products are one-of-a kind and made from a variety of locally sourced bottles. We retain the natural features of the bottles. At this time, we cannot accept returns, however we will always strive to ensure the satisfaction of our customers.If you have received a damaged or incorrect item, please contact us within 14 days of receiving your order, we will happily refund or replace the item as quickly as possible. If you have an issue, please contact us HERE for help.